NU GUINEA djset + live keys / live band
The Neapolitan duo, Berlin based, creates sounds that are influenced by an imaginary exotic far distant place, shaped by constant research of music from the past. Their music path can be described as a historical research on “dancefloor music" in its purest way. The key is the contamination of music genres which was born after the encounter of different cultures and populations.
Their first Ep was released on Early Sounds in 2014, followed by World Ep on Tartelet Records. In 2016 they release their first album: The Tony Allen Experiments featuring Tony Allen, the Afrobeat drum master, also known for his long time collaboration with the legendary Fela Kuti. In 2017 Nu Guinea start their own record label called NG Records. The first release was a 7" called Amore, a cover of an italian disco hit originally released in the 70s.
2018 signs a way back to their roots, with Nuova Napoli, which represents a tribute to their hometown. In this album they watched their city from a distance reconstructing its energy from their studio in Berlin, calibrating their synths on the Vesuvius meridian. Here their synthesizers fill the spaces between the past and the future, tightening in a single body acoustic instruments, electronics and voices in Neapolitan dialect.
- NU GUINEA - Nu Guinea (EAS Recordings, 2014) EAS007
- NU GUINEA - World (Tartelet Records, 2015) TART031
- NU GUINEA - The Tony Allen Experiments (COMET Records / EAS Recordings, 2016)
- NU GUINEA - Amore (NG Records, 2017) NG00
- NU GUINEA - Nuova Napoli (NG Records, 2018) NG01
- Wayne Snow – Rosie (NU GUINEA's Paradise Remix) (Tartelet Records, 2015)
- Mark Barrott – The Mysterious Island Of Dr Nimm (NU GUINEA's Aquarium Mix) (International Feel, 2016)
RADIO / PODCAST / VIDEO